Nassau County Adult Adoption Attorneys
How Does Adult Adoption Work?
Children are not the only ones who can benefit from adoption. Permanent and stable relationships are important for people of all ages. For some, adult adoption is a way to resolve inheritance issues. For others, it is an opportunity to make a permanent, life-long connection that is formalized under the law.
There are many reasons why you may benefit from expanding your family. There are many young adults who don't have parents. Some were older youths in the child welfare system and had a rough upbringing. They may not have permanent family connections, and leaving the child welfare system could leave them homeless and unemployed. Adult adoption may be their way to establish the family dynamic they have been missing their whole life.
If you wish to go through the process to adopt an adult, call the experienced New York family law attorneys at the Law Offices of Paul A. Boronow, PC. Call (516) 227-5353 to find out how we can help you.
Why Adult Adoption?
For many, adult adoption is a way to make an existing family relationship official under the law. Here are a few reasons to go through the New York adult adoption process:
- To establish that the adult is part of the family permanently.
- To simply recognize the existing relationship between parent and child.
- To settle any inheritance issues that may become a problem in the future if the recipient is not officially a part of the family.
- The step-parent would like to officially become the father of a child.
- The grandparent was already raising the child.
- A foster parent would like to formalize the relationship.
Understanding the Process of Adult Adoption in New York
The process of adult adoption is often streamlined because it involves two consenting adults. Each case is unique and it would be in your best interest to have the services of an experienced adult adoption attorney who can help you navigate a complex process and meet your specific needs.
There are benefits and consequences to any major legal decision. If you are considering filing for an adult adoption, it is important to seek out guidance from a Long Island adoption lawyer.
The Law Offices of Paul A. Boronow, PC can be there beside you through each step of the adult adoption process. We've helped many Long Island families grow through adult adoption. We're experienced in family law and passionate about people. Let us be there for you.
Call the Nassau County adult adoption lawyers at the Law Offices of Paul A. Boronow, PC at (516) 227-5353 for a free consultation.
- Three Frequently Asked Questions About New York Adoptions
- To Adopt in New York, How Soon Should We Consult an Attorney?
- Tips for Choosing a New York Adoption Attorney
More questions about Adult Adoption?
Call us today at 516-227-5353 for a free consultation
Dedicated. Compassionate. On Your Side