How Can We Share the Summer Holidays in a New York Custody Arrangement?

By The Law Offices of Paul A. Boronow, PC on May 26, 2015

Long Island Child CustodySummer is full of activities for most New York families. Holidays like Memorial Day and Independence Day, family vacations, summer camp for children, and other events fill the schedule in place of the ordinary school and work routine of the rest of the year.

When you’re creating a child custody agreement, figuring out how to split these summer holidays and other events can seem overwhelming. What’s fair? What’s possible? What offers the best opportunities for your children?

Here are several common ways that parents share holiday time. Your Long Island child custody attorney at the Law Offices of Paul A. Boronow, PC can provide guidance or suggest additional options that may be better for your specific needs:

  • Alternate holidays. Parents are assigned certain holidays in even-numbered years, then “swap” in odd-numbered years. For instance, the children might spend Independence Day 2015 with one parent, and then spend Independence Day 2016 with the other parent. This way, neither parent “misses” any holiday more than one year in a row.
  • Split holidays. If parents live close together, children can spend the morning with one parent and the afternoon with the other. This arrangement can work well if both families have holiday parties the children don’t want to miss, but it requires careful planning.
  • Double up on holidays. Children might spend the actual holiday date with one parent, and then celebrate the holiday on a different date with the other parent. For instance, the children may get a long weekend in late August with one parent, then a long weekend over Labor Day in September with the other parent.

To discuss the best child custody arrangement for you and your children, contact the Law Offices of Paul A. Boronow, PC for a free consultation. Help is just a phone call away. Call (516) 227-5353.

Related Articles:

Posted in: Child Custody

Share This WebsiteE-mail a link to this website

More questions about Family Law?

170 Old Country Road Suite 303
Mineola, NY 11501
Phone: 516-227-5353 |
Contact Us | View Map

Disclaimer: The legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship. Any results set forth herein are based upon the facts of that particular case and do not represent a promise or guarantee. Please contact an attorney for a consultation on your particular legal matter. This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the state of New York.

© 2019 The Law Offices of Paul A. Boronow, P.C. All rights reserved - Disclaimer | Criminal Defense | Estate Litigation | Blog Site Map