Long Island High Net Worth Divorce Attorneys
How a Lawyer Can Help During Your Complex High Asset Divorce
The division of investments, assets, and property during high-net worth divorce proceedings can be rigorous and full of complication. Our Long Island divorce lawyers have the tenacity and the legal acumen to see your proceedings from complex start to successful finish. They will build a case profile to help you map out non-marital assets, as well as those pieces that belong to the marital estate, such as:
- Business ventures – domestic and international
- Pensions, 401k plans, and other retirement accounts
- Stocks and bonds
- Family trusts
- Real estate
- Luxury items
- ...and other significant property
The more information we have, even prior to our investigation, the better off we are when it comes time for the actual division.
The Right Questions at The Right Time
At great deal of what goes into a successful high net worth divorce proceeding depends on the information gleaned in what is known as the discovery process. At that time, our team – consisting of business valuation professionals, forensic accountants, real estate appraisers and pension experts – will use every method at their disposal to investigate your spouse's holdings, as well as yours. The more information we have, even prior to our investigation, the better off we are when it comes time for the actual division. In terms of discovery methods, we utilize some of the following tools to gain a clear picture of your family's financial status:
- Specific Interrogatories – A series of questions, written or spoken, that requires your spouse to answer under oath.
- Document Request – Following the paper trail, we will obtain financial documentation such as investment reports, real estate documents, bank statements, business spreadsheets, and other detailed information from your spouse.
- Electronically Stored Information Request – Just like a document request, although often far more revealing. This could be from a variety of electronic sources, from phones to computers, all of which could open a much wider understanding of your family's financial health.
- Subpoenas – A much more thorough request, going directly to financial entities such as banks, credit unions, and other institutions for information.
Dedication and Discretion in Long Island High Net Worth Divorces
When you're going through a high-profile divorce, you need a firm that understands what is at stake and knows how to best represent your interests. You need a practice that has the experience, the team, and the resources to ensure your goals are met and your property is secured in the most cost effective way possible. Don't leave your future – and your family's wellbeing – to just any family law firm. Contact the Nassau County high net worth divorce attorneys at the Law Offices of Paul A. Boronow, PC today and get the representation you deserve.
Call (516) 227-5353 for a confidential consultation today or submit your query online and one of our representatives will respond shortly.
- High Net Worth Divorce Blogs
- FAQs About Long Island High Net Divorce
- How to Help Your Long Island High Net Worth Divorce Move More Smoothly
- Four Mistakes to Avoid in a High Net Worth Long Island Divorce
- When Might a Forensic Accountant’s Help Be Needed in a High Net Worth Divorce?
More questions about Divorce?
Call us today at 516-227-5353 for a free consultation
Dedicated. Compassionate. On Your Side